Welcome to your guide on how to create, edit or update an appointment with your favorite attendees, Leads or Recommendations. Here we will also discover how to view or update the status of pending appointments on the Appointment Calendar.
While every event has a variety of content and custom design within each page, we hope to guide you through what you can expect as your transition from the Attendee List page into setting an appointment with an attendee on your Appointment Calendar or visit our FAQ's*.
Let's get started:
- Begin by logging into the Exhibitor Console.
- Next, click the button often labeled as Connect or the Attendee List.
- Once inside, you may* see a variety of tabs. Be sure to select the tab with the contact you wish to communicate with. Each tab offers special features, here is what they mean:
- Leads - Attendees who have visited or favorited you.
- Attendees may search for exhibitors based on a number of factors such as product offerings, geographic location, and keywords that they have indicated as relevant to them.
- Please ensure that you have updated your eBooth profile with complete information, so as to provide attendees with richer, searchable content within your eBooth and increase your likelihood of being favorited.
- Search - Find attendees by keyword or filter by category, country and state then, Connect.
- My Attendees - Attendees you have favorited.
- Recommendations - Suggested attendees based on preferences, categories and demographics.
- Leads - Attendees who have visited or favorited you.
- Request an attendee appointment by clicking the calendar typically located on the right hand side of the page.
- Once it opens, you may* see available fields for:
- Appointment Details like appointment date, start time, end time, location and comments.
- Appointment with field noting the attendee name.
- A Message field where you may enter plain text.
- When you are finished, click Send Mail.
- Images and code are not available at this time.
- Appointments you send to attendees go directly to their personal email on file.
- If the recipient chooses to respond, you will receive a response notification to the company email on file in Edit Booth Info. It will alert you to log in to select and/or view the status of the appointment from your exhibitor Appointment Calendar located within the Appointments button on the Exhibitor Console.
- You may edit the exhibitor email that receives these notifications from within your Exhibitor Console under the Edit Booth Info button (often labeled just "Booth Info").
- In the instance you receive a notice that an attendee email address is invalid, please let the event know directly and be sure to attach the email and confirm the full name of the attendee you emailed.
- This gives the event management team the opportunity to reach out to the attendee to see if they have another email available that they wish to utilize.
- In the circumstance a valid email address cannot be obtained, this offers the event an opportunity to credit you an additional email.
- To view and update the status of sent Appointments, click the Appointments button within the Exhibitor Console.
- On the top of the Appointment Calendar, you may:
- Select appointment types.
- Choose which day of the event you wish to view or you may select "all".
- You may Print your calendar or Export it to your device calendar.
- Event calendars are exported in the time zone of the event not necessarily in the time zone you are currently in. When you arrive at the event, your time zone should then be correct.
- If you do not wish to receive any appointments, or wish to block out any time periods during the event, click Add Personal Appointment in the upper right hand side of the page and add your notes as to why the time period is not good for your company.
- Restricted grey areas within the calendar are selected by your event management team and most often reflect times when the event is closed so you would not be able to book appointments for your booth during those times.
- If you see any in error, try contacting your event directly.
- Within the page, you will see your Appointment Calendar sorted by date and time. You may click into any appointment block to see the details and select a status: accept, modify or decline the appointment.
Appointments on the page may display in an array of colors. Try taking a peek at the legend at the bottom of the page for details.
Q: What is Connect?
A: Connect is a matchmaking and networking solution that helps to connect exhibitors with attendees before, during and after an event.
Connect has the ability to generate recommended matches for event participants based on precise matching criteria located within the Edit Booth Info page from within the exhibitor console.
Exhibitors can generate a list of attendees who are their recommended best matches and are looking for products and services in their chosen categories. Accurate matchmaking means users can get started with networking immediately instead of spending time on searching for matches.
Q: Why should I use Connect?
A: Connect enables exhibitors to increase their return on investment (ROI or return on investment) and maximize their time onsite by networking and scheduling meetings with matched and favorite buyers before the event even starts. Your pre-event lead generation is given a boost with Recommendations provided by the system (category matches from the Edit Booth Info button), instead of waiting for target buyers to hopefully walk by your booth on the event floor.
Q: How can I make sure to receive the best possible matches from Connect?
A: To receive your best matches, be sure that your Online Booth Profile has been completed. Most of your company information is already in your profile, but it's always a good idea to review it in case important information has changed.
What will deliver your best matches, are the product categories selected for your business. Your Product Categories need to be manually selected under the Edit Booth Info page. This is a very simple, but beneficial, step for Connect to deliver your best matches. Also, selecting appropriate product categories will make it easier for your best matched attendees to find you when they are conducting searches for exhibitors to visit at the event.
Have more questions? Submit a request