Ready to create or track the status* of an appointment with your favorite exhibitors?
While each event site differs, we hope to guide you through what you can expect on the Appointment page or visit our FAQ's*.
Here's how to make the magic happen:
- Select Connect with Exhibitors, typically* located within My Planner.
- Once inside, select the tab with the contact you wish to communicate with.
- Exhibitor List - Full listing of exhibitors for the event.
- Advanced Search tab - Find exhibitors by keyword, category, country/state, pavilion or location within the event, sub-expo and other additional exhibitor information as offered by the event management team and then, Connect.
- My Exhibitors tab - Exhibitors you have favorited.
- Recommendations tab - Suggested exhibitors based on preferences, categories and demographics.
- Exhibitor List - Full listing of exhibitors for the event.
- Click the calendar on the right hand side. (Above in circled in red.)
- Once it opens, there are typically appointment detail fields like appointment date, start time, end time, location and comments. You may also see a message box where you may enter plain text and click Send Mail.
- Image and code are not available at this time.
- Event calendars are created in the time zone of the event, not necessarily in the time zone you are currently in.
- Appointments you send to exhibitors go directly to their company email on file.
- If the exhibitor chooses to respond, you will receive a response email to your personal email on file within My Profile. You will also receive an entry on your Appointment calendar located within your console under Track Messages & Appointments button.
- In the instance you receive a notice that an exhibitor email address is invalid, please let the event know directly and be sure to attach the email and confirm the company name of the exhibitor you emailed.
- This gives them the opportunity to reach out to the exhibitor to see if they have another email available that they wish to utilize.
- In the circumstance a valid email address cannot be obtained, this offers the event an opportunity to credit you an additional email.
- To view and update the status of Appointments, select Track Messages & Appointments within My Planner.
- The appointment calendar hosts a variety of features.
- On the top of the Appointment Calendar, you may select dates and filters.
- You may export or print your calendar in the upper right hand corner of the Appointment Calendar.
- Event calendars are exported in the time zone of the event not necessarily in the time zone you are currently in. When you arrive at the event, your time zone would then be correct.
- If you do not wish to receive any appointments, or wish to block out any time periods during the event, click Add Personal Appointment in the upper right hand side of the screen and add your notes as to why the time period is not good for you.
- You may also check My Profile for a Preferences section that may offer a checkbox to unsubscribe from emails and appointments in Connect.
- Restricted grey areas within the calendar are selected by your event management team and most often reflect times when the event is closed.You are not able to book appointments during restricted times. If you see any in error, contact your event directly.
- Within the page, you will see your calendar sorted by date.
- Click into any appointment to see the details and to accept, modify or decline the appointment.
- Appointments on the page may display in an array of colors. Take a peek at the legend at the bottom of the page to see what they stand for.
Q: How do I access Recommendations and what are they?
A: If your event offers Recommendations and you are logged in, you may select the Recommendations tab for suggested exhibitors based on matchmaking factors like exhibitor product offerings, geographic location, and keywords which you have indicated interest within your My Profile page or when you registered.
Ensure that you have updated your My Profile page with your Exhibitor Match Criteria and Demographics in order to see relevant recommendations.
Q: What is Connect, often called Matchmaking?
A: Connect is a matchmaking and networking solution that helps to connect attendees with exhibitors before, during and after an event.
Connect has the ability to generate recommended matches for event participants based on precise matching criteria located within My Profile.
Attendees can generate a list of exhibitors who are their recommended best matches based on exhibitor match criteria and demographics in your chosen categories. Accurate matchmaking means users can get started with networking immediately instead of spending time on searching for matches.
Q: Why should I use Connect?
A: Connect enables attendees to maximize their time onsite by networking and scheduling meetings with matched and favorite exhibitors before the event even starts. Your pre-event Recommendations are provided by the system (exhibitor match criteria and demographic matches from My Profile), instead of waiting to walk the showroom floor searching for an exhibitor to assist you with your purchasing needs, you can Connect now.
Q: How can I make sure to receive the best possible matches from Connect?
A: To receive your best matches, be sure that your My Profile page has been completed. Most of your information is already in your profile, but it's always a good idea to review it in case important information has changed.
What will deliver your best matches, are the exhibitor match criteria and demographics selected for your interests. Your exhibitor match criteria and demographic need to be manually selected under My Profile. This is a very simple, but beneficial, step for Connect to deliver your best matches.
Q: How do I unsubscribe from Connect?
A: My Preferences within My Profile or often events add it as a button, determines your ability to use Connect features. Only turn them off if you do not wish to utilize Connect by receiving email and appointment requests.
*Disclaimer: Please be advised that not all content and functionality above may be available as it is up to the event to decide what pages, fields and features they wish to utilize. If you would like some of these features for next year's event, contact the event directly to request them.
Have more questions? Submit a request